Everyone likes snacking but wants to avoid putting on those extra pounds or eating unhealthy. But why stop yourself when you can eat a tasty, protein-rich snack? This ice cream bread is made using as little as 2 ingredients (yes, you read that right) and can be a perfect little snack to kill your hunger.
- 2 tubs (125 ml) of your favorite Get-A-Whey ice cream
- 1 ½ cups of self-rising flour
If you don't have self-rising flour, you can make some of your own. For every 1 cup of wheat flour, add 1 ½ tsp baking powder and ½ tsp salt.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a loaf pan.
- Mix softened ice cream and the self-rising dough in a mixing bowl. Do not over mix, just combine them together.
- Using a spatula, pour the mixture on the greased pan and smooth out the top using the spatula.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. You can check by inserting a toothpick in the mixture. If it comes out clean, it means your bread is ready.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for about 5 minutes then remove it from the pan.
To enhance the flavor, you can add dried fruits, sprinkled nuts,etc.
This snack can be enjoyed by both adults and kids alike! Try this with every Get-A-Whey ice cream flavor and let us know!